Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A new baby

It's been a long long time. But 2015 brought me baby number 2. She's 3 months now, her big brother is 4. I'm really at the same point as I was in many regards when I abandoned this blog originally. Except for a few points. Really one big one. I now know that I likely have Celiac Disease. If nothing else I'm highly sensitive to it. Peanut is too. Removing it has eliminated my depression, most of my anxiety, my skin conditions, my IBS, my joint problems, my headaches and so so so much more.

I'm at 160, I'm bouncing between 159-161 lately. Almond, my nickname for dear daughter, has a sensitive system just like her brother. I eat very little and she gets probiotics or she is a fussy gassy in pain baby morning and night. I backed off of almost all food for a week, eating just cheap cuts of pork, rice, carrots, pears, raisins and zucchini. I add in something new every few days now, and if she has a bad reaction, it goes on the hold off list.

Right now I eat:
Pork, Chicken, Beef, Eggs
Rice, Potatoes
Carrots, Peas, Zucchini
Pears, Grapes/Raisins
Canola Oil/Olive Oil
Herbs/Salt/Pepper
Diet Mountain Dew

Yeah, it's a little bland. I'm making my own mayo. The other day though I made chicken salad and tried adding pecans to it, and she has had an awful few nights. I don't know if the pecans are related, so they're on the no-no list. Though I will try them again (or another tree nut) sooner than other things on the list. Right now it includes...

Wheat/Gluten
Dairy
Soy
Tomatoes and any acidic foods
Oats
Pecans

Tonight I'm going to introduce onions. They're one of my favorite vegetables, a little on the iffy side on the spectrum of food, but I love them so we're trying them. I'm going to make chicken soup with rice noodles.

I'm thinking we're going to start up an exercise routine here too. At almost 15 weeks out exercise is beyond fine. So Tuesday and Thursday are going to be Zumba nights with my buddy Peanut. I'll figure out the rest as we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment