Thursday, April 19, 2012

Recipe #1 - Fresh Whiskey Sours!

So. After thinking about it for awhile, I realized that Boi does enjoy whiskey. So I had him pick some up after all, Jack Daniels as Ina prescribes. I tried a shot last night - not bad, not my favorite thing ever but not bad. Gma, Peanut and I went to town today to decorate some pottery, and while we were out I picked up some lemons and limes for our drinks. After we got home, I made up a cup+ of simple syrup and put it in the fridge to chill. Ate dinner - just spaghetti leftovers. Boi got home and I fed him more spaghetti. As Boi started winding Peanut down for the night, me and my "juicer" (aka a vice grip since I lack a real citrus juicer) squeezed the citrus to death. I was a tiny bit short on the juice, but I figured then I'd just pour the rest of the stuff light. Bathtime and bedtime, he was quickly out.

I poured everything together with some ice in a shaker, mine's missing the cap part so I stuck my hand over it and gave it a few shakes. Poured out two glasses, mmm. We both agreed it was sour and fresh. But very light on the whiskey. Personally if I'm going to go to that much trouble making a drink, I want it to give me a decent hit. There's really only enough for one more drink left, so I'm going to split it between us and spike it a bit more (maybe add a bit more syrup to mine) BRB!

Ok, definitely stronger this time. But not overpoweringly so. So my verdict? I'd drink it again. And as I'm sipping my way through drink two, it may just give me the willpower to post this on my Facebook. Enjoy facebooks, tomorrow I make a dip for the start of trivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment